What is Tax Compliance?
A KRA tax compliance certificate, otherwise known as a Tax Clearance Certificate is an official document issued by KRA, as proof of having filed and paid all your taxes.
KRA issues the following Tax Compliance Certificates upon application:
- Tax Compliance Certificates for Taxpayers seeking tenders with Government Ministries and Institutions.
- Tax Compliance Certificates to employees leaving service nor seeking new job opportunities.
- Tax Compliance Certificates for taxpayers seeking liquor Licenses.
- Tax Compliance Certificates to Clearing and Forwarding Agents.
KRA Tax Compliance Certificate Validity
Tax Compliance Certificates are valid for twelve months only.
Application for Tax Compliance Certificate should be lodged 7 days prior to expiry of the previous one.
Application for a TCC is done through iTax platform and the certificate is sent to applicants’ email address.
Applying for a KRA Tax Compliance Certificate
Taxpayers seeking Tax Compliance Certificate must be compliant in:
- Filing of tax returns on or before the due date for all applicable tax obligations.
- Payment of tax on or before the due date.
- Clearance of all outstanding tax debt.
How To Apply For KRA Tax Compliance Certificate
To apply for a KRA Tax Compliance Certificate, follow this guide >>> How To Apply For KRA Tax Compliance Certificate <<<
Matthews Ohotto is a holder of Second Class Honours Upper Division Degree in Business Information Technology (Bachelor of Business Information Technology – BBIT) from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT). He is the Founder of both Cyber.co.ke Portal (an online portal that focuses on offering better KRA Services to Kenyans both locally and globally) and Cyber.co.ke Blog.